Friday, October 9, 2009

Parents Magazine

In the September issue of Parents magazine I read a super funny article entitled "39 Things Every Mom Should Know" by Kacy Faulconer. All 39 things were pretty funny, but I thought I would share with you my top 10 that were listed.

3. Do your chores while kids are awake. Using up naptime to wash dishes or clean the bathroom is truly soul-crushing.

6. Just throw away the poopy underwear.

7. Don't beat yourself up if you have to use a bribe.

12. Know this: That stain won't come out. And it's okay.

18. Teach them to pump on the swings ASAP.

25. Remember clogging lessons are not in the best interest of the child.

26. Don't administer a punishment that hurts you more than it does them.

28. Do not allow the word wienies in your home.

31. It's fine to brag about yourself to your kids.

33. Just say "No" to any toy or doll that comes with packets that have to be mixed with water.

I am still laughing at #28. If you subscribe to Parents you should definitely read the article. It won't disappoint.

2 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

Okay, I totally have the throw away the poopy panties policy. Aaron questioned me once about it so I told him he could wash them out. We both now support the throw away the poopy panties policy.

Anonymous said...

agreed! to all of them!

Fin thought Buddy was coming to playgroup today. She was sad when I reminded her that Buddy lives very far away and was not coming :(